Lisa Richter is an experienced market researcher with a proven track record of delivering research insights and translating those insights into practical recommendations for clients and agency partners to use.
Lisa Richter founded Stakeholder Insights (formerly richterintel) in 2006. She earlier served as Senior VP for Branding and Marketing at the United Way of Greater St. Louis. Before that, Lisa Richter led the marketing research function at Fleishman-Hillard International Communications for 19 years, working with Fortune 500 as well as mid-sized and start-up companies, government agencies, educational institutions and other nonprofits. At F-H she oversaw market perception and communications audits for brands like Abbott Laboratories, Anheuser-Busch, AT&T, BJC Healthcare, Caterpillar, Charles Schwab, Levi Strauss, Monsanto and Yahoo!.
Based on this breadth of experience, Lisa Richter has designed Stakeholder Insights to bridge the gap between traditional market research firms and advertising, marketing and public relations agencies.
“We speak the language of statistics, data and of survey methods,” she states, “but we also know how to help creative teams and marketers translate research insights into effective brand positioning and multimedia marketing plans.”
Lisa Richter has lived and worked in St. Louis since 1975. She earned a B.A. in European History at Connecticut College, an MA at the University of New Hampshire, and studied urban planning and marketing research at Saint Louis University. In 2009-2010 she participated as a FOCUS Leadership St. Louis fellow. She is a frequent speaker and panelist on various branding and market research topics, and has been featured in the St. Louis Business Journal “St. Louis Character” series.
Lisa Richter’s board and committee activities include:
- United Way of Greater St. Louis Board of Directors
- Cabinet of the Women’s Leadership Society
- Organizational Development Committee
- Opera Theatre St. Louis Marketing Committee
- Women’s Leadership Council of the Humane Society of Missouri
- St. Louis Forum
- Mosaic Immigration and Innovation Initiative (World Trade Center, St. Louis)
- FOCUS St. Louis Marketing Committee
Professional presentations on branding and market research topics include:
- Brown School of Social Work (Washington University)
- Lindenwood University
- American Marketing Association of St. Louis (“’Mini-ethnography’ Qualitative Research”)
- American Marketing Association of St. Louis (“Digital Social Media Research”)
- Prosper Women Entrepreneurs “The Value of Market Research”