Focus group outcomes
Our clients use focus groups to identify these clear implications for action.
- Stories about your brand that would be most compelling or relevant to their customers’ lives
- How customers can most easily find and use your marketing and communication materials
- If and in what ways your customers use what you spend time and resources creating: your website, brochures, direct mail pieces, mobile apps and e-newsletters
- Focus group results guide development of actionable surveys conducted to quantify what was heard across your entire customer base. Focus group discussions reveal what questions are most important to customers as well as their most likely answers.
Focus group deliverables
- Focus group deliverables include a 2-3 page Executive Summary containing recommendations regarding key actions to reach, and build stronger relationships with, your target audiences.
- Detailed findings with verbatim quotes, photos, diary excerpts and brief video summaries to bring the learnings and recommendations to life for key decision makers in your organization.
Focus group process
- Focus group best practices include careful setting of objectives. We determine focus group objectives in an initial discovery session with you. Those objectives help identify a limited set of questions to cover in a 90-120 minute session.
- Focus group best practices require careful participant recruiting based on your customer databases or based on your target audience specifications that we help you define. We create a homework assignment for focus group participants to share a more detailed discussion of how they use your products.
- Focus group best practices include you in the audience as an observer and active participant. You will view the focus groups through a one-way mirror. You will be able to ask additional questions at the end.