Competitive intelligence outcomes
- Anticipate and plan how to respond to potential threats to your market share
- Identify potentially productive or underserved customer segments
- Identify how competitors solve problems similar to your own
Competitive intelligence deliverables
- Positioning maps, message grids and mystery shopping experience stories to bring competitive analysis to life
- “Best practices” in direct-to-customer communications as technology continues to evolve
- Competitive intelligence is a central part of brand assessments and typically includes an assembly and posting of brand identity materials on a brand collage wall to quickly compare and contrast key brand messages, value propositions and brand design look and feel.
Competitive intelligence process
- We begin with a conversation with you to learn about issues and market advances you have noticed.
- We scan websites, learn about your industry and identify key questions a competitive intelligence audit should track.
- Stakeholder Insights can research competitors by attending trade shows with your internal team, lead real time intelligence gathering, then facilitate a discussion of discoveries and insights for product development, marketing, public relations, and employee development and training.
- We also conduct mystery shopping—role playing a customer inquiring about a product or service from all competitors, trying that offering out, recording experience information and comparing offerings across competitors to yours, looking for best practices and new brand differentiation opportunities.